My most embarrassing moment is not that far from my recent memory. Because it just took place few months ago or maybe one month ago. I went to Korea for this summer and stayed since May. My school Northern Marianas Academy which became my old school always has the longest period of vacation among all the private high schools. Since it is related to Northern Marianas College, the agenda of NMA follows NMC’s all the time. I was planning to get my student visa from NMC since NMA is not certificated as a high school which can issue student visa for international students. A student who goes to NMA can take college classes for 2 years, Junior and senior years. However, as my teacher recommended take college classes since my second semester of sophomore year, I was taking classes in NMC. Before I went back to Korea for this summer, I tried to prepare for my student visa from NMC on May. Even though prepared all the documents that are required for my visa to be issued, NMC said they cannot issue a student visa for me since I am a high school student. So I went back to my high school teacher and what he said was they are just misunderstanding and just tell me just leave. He promised me that he would make sure that NMC would issue visa and send it to me when I am in Korea. So I just left with his conviction. I kept sending e-mail to him and calling him to be informed new things, but he kept saying Just wait and patient. Since he is a teacher and has responsibility for my visa, I just have no choice but to believe and wait for his replies. Miserably, he informed me that I could not get visa from NMC and enter to Saipan just one week ago before I am planning to leave.
I had no idea what to do next. I just had one week left and what he said was that I cannot go back to Saipan since I do not have a student visa. As a result, I needed to transfer to another school which is already started 2 weeks ago. The very next day, he called me again and said that just come to Saipan as a tourist and go to Immigration office to figure out. I had no choice but to follow what he said. My parents were very angry and mad but the only thing that we can do is just go to Saipan and solve the problems. After my flight, I waited for a line of tourists. The immigration lady was a Korean and she started to yell at me when she knew that I have no visa and I am a student. I just started crying since she kept yelling at me and was falsely charged. I did nothing wrong and it was not my fault. She brought me to American guy and he let me enter as a tourist for 45 days. I kept crying and went to school to figure out my situation. Even though I did every possible option to figure out my situation for 2 weeks, nothing was changed but I just wasted my time and money. I think that I just cried every day and was mortified at being mistreated. Although I met the president of NMC, the result was miserable and right now I am doing my assignment at Saipan international School. I just enjoy my school life today and love being here. Just one month ago, it was my most embarrassing moment that I could not forget.


댓글 없음:
댓글 쓰기