2011년 9월 8일 목요일

Improvement

   The theme of advance in English has its converse, and it is my fear of fail that makes me give up comfortable things that I used to.
   Id like to make progress in my English; this desire makes me isolated from the things I used to. When I was a little kid, I have a dream to succeed in English. It sounds irrational since it is rare to hear from that little child that she wants to learn English. My mother, however, aids me to step into English when I was 8. I went to English academy which is near my house. At the first time, they rejected me to sign in since they thought I was too young to learn and Understand English. As my mother kept asking them to let me in, they eventually accepted me as their student. After school, I would go to English academy since I was in first grade. Even though I couldnt get all of the work that I went through, I kept trying and did my homework which made me cry all day. I partly enjoyed my English and partly wanted to give up since there were a lot of things to deal with English which is not my first language. With strong support of my mother, I was going to that academy from 1th grade to 7th grade.
   Becoming a middle school student, I was so busier that I stressed out with my works in order to catch up both school work and English. Therefore, I quitted the academy and that decision was totally regretful. Despite my grades at school, I did not self-study for advance in English, thus remaining as my level without improvement. I was totally disappointed in myself and felt this wasnt what I wanted and meant to be; I decided to change myself and asked if I could go to other countries to study. I have desired to go to the U.S. in order to gain experience as my older brother was already in Australia to study. I thought it would cost double and be more expensive. On the other hand, I just kept urging them to send me to other countries to study more directly. 
   Fortunately, I came to Saipan and started my school life since I was in 9th grade and my brother was in 12th grade. I determined to stay with American host family to learn more skills of speaking English. To improve my English and achieve my goals, I had to give up many things that I used to. Since I have been far away from my family and own country, I felt lonely and depressed. As I am so social, I adapted immediately but I felt something blue on my mind. Moreover, there were no more friends who used to chat and hang out with me in Korea and I missed them a lot. The most distressful thing was to separate from my family, stay in other house and eat American foods. I, however, never expressed these suffers and isolations to any others since I dont want them to be worried about me. Still now I can bear all of these things because of my dream. As I make progress in my English, I would like to work for National Intelligence Service or United Nations. My goals made me give up comfortable shelter and fun with friends. Even if its arduous, Ill never give up and try to climb the ladder of success.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기