2013년 4월 8일 월요일
Technology that empowers me
The technology that empowers me is my lovely I-touch. I have been using it for 2 years but since I dropped my first baby into toilet, I got my new second baby. Without it, I can not live properly! I cannot say that I am really addicted to it but I can say that I hold it with me everywhere I go and always care about it. It is like my other self. I did not have any smart phone or I-touch when I went to school in Korea. I came to Saipan and since then, I need a thing that allows me to contact with people in Korea or get connections with a big world. I am not using a smart phone here because I see no reasons for getting a phone here. I go to school, go to Hyatt and go home. That is my everyday schedule. I do not really need to contact people in Saipan but in Korea. Through chatting programs such as Kakao-talk and facebook messages, I can keep in touch with my friends or teachers. I hope my teacher would not read my journal that I am writing now because I am confessing that I check my I-touch regularly at school. Of course, this causes me some problems such as teacher’s taking it away from me. I do not know why I keep checking my I-touch but I guess I am somewhat expecting some messages to pop up. You can say that I am addictive. But, I think my conditions could not satisfy the definition of addiction. If I do not have my I-touch, I will be sad, of course but I will not shake my hands or keep going crazy. I am not that into it. But I can say that I cannot live without it. I guess I am thinking that way because I am in Saipan right now by myself. I miss my mom, dad, brother, my boyfriend, and my friends. Every time I look at newsfeed in facebook, I literally wish I would be in Korea and spend time with my fantastic people. Therefore, a red I-touch means a lot to me. It is all about my connections. Last winter, specifically on Christmas’ eve, I dropped my white 4-th generation I-touch into a toilet while I was relieving myself. I was shocked, panic, and at awe. I lay down and could not think of my future without I-touch. Taek looked at me and ordered a red brand new 5-th generation I-touch for me without letting know me. For a week when I-touch was not delivered yet and did not know he ordered it for me, I actually went to apple store twice and think about getting a new one. He deterred me from an action and I got my new lovely I-touch in a week. I was surprised, happy and felt that my life was back. Okay, this story reflects me as an addictive teenage to a device but this is true. But the little device does not affect my life negatively. It affects more positively than negatively. It is like a small laptop so whenever I am lazy to get my laptop out of my bag, I use my I-touch to search, listen to music, watch something, chat with my friends, and use apps wisely. Apple company is genius. I am 100% confident that true population of apple users have the same symptoms as I have.
피드 구독하기:
댓글 (Atom)
댓글 없음:
댓글 쓰기