I
do not eat school lunch these days but my favorite school lunch is Club Hoagie.
It is a sandwich with a whole wheat grain bread, pepperoni, salami ham, cheese,
lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers. I do not put tomatoes and cucumbers but always
two mayonnaises. I am not a big fan of sandwich but since I usually get Subway
sandwiches at least once a two week, I consider Club Hoagie as favorite school
lunch. It is easy to eat and tastes good!
However,
when I first came to SIS, I was somewhat surprised at school lunch. You know
how delicious school lunch is in Korea. Well, actually, I never thought our
middle school lunch is good until I came to Saipan. My first school was NMA and
we had to go to Snack bar to grab a meal. The lunch was 5 boxes and every day
using 5 boxes for lunch was somewhat wasting of money to me because I couldn’t
finish them all. So I always wish Saipan school would have the same lunch
program as our school in Korea has. When I came to SIS at the first time, I
somewhat had a negative opinion on it. School lunch was different from what I
expected by watching American movies. I thought that there would be a big
school cafeteria where students can grab whatever the food served at the
container; just like buffet if I will. Students have some problems with
choosing a seat and eat their lunch with. I thought I would have that kind of
problem. It turned out to be that there is no such thing as a school cafeteria
but I had some problem with having some people to eat my lunch with. Any food
served at my school did not arouse my appetite but the weird name sandwich did.
After I realize that there is actually some food that I can truly enjoy even at
American school, I was waiting for the school lunch when the menu was weird
sandwich with chocolate milk. One thing I feel sad about my favorite sandwich
is the size. It used to be bigger than now but it seemed like our school has
changed the provider of Lunch Company two times. As we had gone through that,
the size of my lovely Club Hoagie got smaller! OMG! That makes me really sad.
Even they don’t give you chocolate milk unless you ask for.
I
am not going to miss School lunch in Saipan. I miss school lunch in Korea. One
thing that Saipan International School needs to change is definitely SCHOOL
LUNCH.
댓글 없음:
댓글 쓰기