Gluttony is what I am most guilty of. I don’t really get lazy
or angry easily but can not control eating. As a result, I have gained a lot of
weights since I came to Saipan . When I was in middle
school, I was raised by my lovely mother and father in Korea . At that time, I did
not have any ideas of gaining or losing weights. My every day life was like
this. I go to school, and take classes. After school, I practice jump-rope in
my club. My mom picks me up, and then I have snacks on my way to academy. The
time when I am in an academy is when a normal person eats dinner. After I
finish from my academy, I go home and have dinner at 11 p.m. which is the time for
a normal person to sleep. I eat, take a little break, do my homework, and go to
bed around 2 a.m. This was my routine
life when I was in Korea . I came to Saipan since 9th
grade and decided to stay with Americans. I did not have any clues of what they
eat but only knew few general foods such as hamburgers, spaghetti, and pizza.
At that time, I thought I could bear them and make a living well. For Koreans
such as me, it was hard to have American diet since it did not fill up our
stomachs. I usually get hungry easily and always look for some food when I feel
empty or boring. Being boring and being hungry are two different concepts.
However, unconsciously, when I get bored, I usually go to kitchen and find
something to eat. That was what I usually did when I first came to Saipan . After one year, I
went back to Korea and my mother and all
the others were surprised at me. I gained so much weights that my pretty face
turned out not that pretty. I was shocked as well when I tried my old clothes.
When I met my friends, they were also surprised at me and I was stressed out.
The problem was that I get so greedy or whatever when I see and eat food. Since
I was doing homestay, I pay for my all eating and living things. Perhaps, I
thought my homestay fee would be wasted if I do not eat fully. So I start to
eat more and more and when I see food that I am fond of, I could not stop
eating. Of course, I got all the results from that. I feel my body heavy and
unhealthy. There was nothing I can do but to regret. This guilt has been really
hard for me to fix. I tired to be on a diet so many times but I found myself
giving up after 3 days. And I get yo-yo effect from that which makes me fatter.
I try myself not to be greedy or gluttony and to let them go. I should eat healthier
and lightly by having more vegetables than meat or bread.
댓글 없음:
댓글 쓰기