2013년 2월 22일 금요일

I wanted to be..


Since I was a little kid, there are a lot of things that I want to be. I wanted to be a pianist at the first time. I had played the piano since I was 7 years old. After school, I always used to go to piano lessons. That’s what I used to do for my free time. Since then, I had a strong mind that I should be a pianist someday. I had practiced so hard and enjoyed playing the piano. Since I was young at that time, my skill of playing the piano was not so good that I only played the songs that are for little kids. When I played the piano at the academy, I used to listen to someone else’s playing. There was a girl who is older than me so she could play the songs that are common to people’s ears. That made my ears happy and it was such a pleasant sound. By looking up to her, I always had a desire to master the songs and play it to people so their ears could be satisfied with my songs. However, since I have been getting old, there was no time to practice the piano and focus on the piano. On my free time, I had to put more emphasis on other main subjects such as Korean, English, and math than on piano. I finally quitted going to piano academy when I entered into middle school. And that is one of my regrets that I have done.
I used to want to be not only a pianist but also a magician. I used to read the books a lot when I was young because after my academy, I need to wait for my brother so what I could only do is reading a book at the bookstore which was located near my academy. But the books were all about comic books, adventures, and girlish books since I hate some genres such as science fictions and documents. Most of the comic books that I read were about magic stories. Those were written by true magicians who were popular and famous at that time. They wrote them for children, thus describing easily to understand so that children could be interested in magic and into magical power. I was the one whom they aimed for. In the comic books, both cartoons and real pictures of doing magic were written. The most fascinating magic that I could remember till now is to make rabbits disappear. Magicians have their hats and inside them, the rabbits were not there. However, when they chant magic words, we could find out that rabbits are inside the hat! What a wonderful thing! I still could not figure out how they did that but I know it is just a magic which is a trick. Everything that I read in that book made me curious so I tried to do them and as you know, the consequence was a fail. As I am getting older, I realized that my dream for a magician is such an unattainable desire.
 When I entered into middle school, I would like to be both a patisserie and a teacher. Even though I used to have few opportunities to bake something, I really would like to bake cookies and decorate cakes. One day when I was in 7th grade, my teacher gave us an assignment which is to make a future business card including my job, my work, and contacts information. I was in agony whether I would make it as a patisserie or a teacher. Eventually, I wrote Eun’s Bakery on the top of my card and designated me as a baker. When I came to Saipan, my opportunities to bake something such as brownies, cookies, cupcakes and so on were plentiful since I have stayed with American Family. Even I cook Korean food when I miss Korean food. As these are processing, I started to realize that I feel so happy and rewarding when someone tries what I make and say “Thank you. This tastes so good. :D” However, I also realize that it is too late to be a patisserie and succeed as a baker. I once heard that in order to become a baker, one needs to go to France or some countries where deal with traditional and professional baking. After I said to my mom about it, we decided to set my baking desire as a hobby.
Moreover, before I came to Saipan, the most realistic job that I hoped was a teacher. I love to teach and share my knowledge or help someone who needs me. I do my best when I teach someone to understand well. Therefore I used to tutor a boy who was in 5th grade at the Joeten-Kiyu public library. But the problem is the subject. I have no idea at all which subject I will teach. I love history and English. If I become a teacher, I prefer working at middle school to working at high school. The country I will teach doesn’t really matter to me. Since I love languages such as English and Chinese, I also want to work at somewhere deal with English. I hope I would use English since I am studying abroad right now.
Right now, I really want to be an agent of National Intelligence or a prosecutor. The works I desire to do are to find out and drive out absurdities and irregularities such as corruption. It is like suspecting of corruption. I really love to do that and think it is so coooooooool. So that I can deal with those and find out what is wrong. As I wrote previously, these are what I want to do; therefore, I am trying to do my best to accomplish my goals. However, I am not sure what I really want to do and what major I will be in. 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기