2011년 11월 19일 토요일

An occasion in which I took a risk and found it to be a good choice later


One of my slogans is that life is one shot. Since I am the one who do not hold a grudge and just take everything flowing away naturally, I do not care about risks. It I stand firm in my resolution, I just do it without hesitation. As a result, I have no regrets about what I’ve done. However, as human is willing to take a risk, I would encounter with an occasion in which I have to take a risk.  Among the risks I took ever since, the event that happened these days is coming to Saipan.  
Since I was a kid, I am really interested in language, especially English. When I was in 6th grade, my brother had studied abroad in Australia. At the age of 6th grade, I did not have any desires to go to other countries to study English. However, since I am getting mature and older, I used to dream of studying in the United States to study English directly. Even though I had learned English for 8 years in Korea, I would like to go to other countries which are traditional English so that I can experience directly. When I was in 9th grade in Korea, I was ready for my mid-term exam. At that time, the flu was widespread so our school had a one-week break. In the first morning of break week, I had a morning call from my mom. She informed me that I need to go to Saipan the very next day so get ready. I was quite at loss what to do. Since I have only one day to get ready, I did not know what I was doing at that time but just arranged and bought some stuff. I called my friends and teacher at the day when I was planning to leave. I just knew that I will go to Saipan one day before. Even though I had a right to say no, I hoped I would study abroad. As a result, I took a risk and just left in one day. I cried a lot at the airport. I couldn’t make up my mind and put my thoughts in order. Fortunately, my older brother was in Saipan at that time. He also just knew that I am going to Saipan when I called him at the airport. He sounded like in blank dismay. That was my first time to take a flight and go to other countries. I went through all the procedures by myself. In the airplane, I cried a lot and made a firm determination and strengthened my mind. I decided to take a risk and was confident that it would be a good choice. Right now, it is already the end of 2011. I have been on Saipan for 2 years. Time goes so fast. I think coming to Saipan was a good choice. Since I hate regrets, I do not regret at all. If I do, I will try to make my minds set up again and make attempts to accomplish my goals. 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기