I
feel that the best educational system is not implemented yet in anywhere.
Personally, I want to create a society where students could have opportunities
to try new things or learn some skills and study without keen competition.
I
have experienced educational system of both America and Korea. At the moment
when I was in elementary school, the environment of school was somewhat cozy
and easy to be friendly with teachers and students. When I was a middle school student,
I had so much fun that I did not want to leave the school or have a break.
However, I did not like the educational system of high school in Korea.
Students go to school early in the morning and stay there until 10 p.m. Also as
high school students, they have to get ready for colleges. I am not saying that
preparations for college are not requisites. Since Korea is a small country
compared to China or America, the number of universities, particularly top
schools, is limited in Korea. The keen competition is inevitable. One of the
reasons I decided to study abroad is that I do not like that educational
system. I feel that people who are not in academically 10% of their schools are
just make sacrifices of themselves. They know that their levels and grades
cannot lead them to top schools or bright futures. I am not saying that the key
to success is good grade but what they are doing is just waste of time.
We
need systems to encourage them to do something else such as learning skills.
Each individual has its own trait and merits. Some are good at studying or some
are good at engineering or technologies. Being a successful person really
depends on how well a person finds himself. Schools should encourage them to do
something they are good at but not force them to study. For example, I build a
school. First floor is for students who have athletic temperament, second for students
who have artistic temperament, third for students who want to learn skills or
techs to earn money right after, fourth for students who want to develop
careers, and the top for study. This kind of school is what I will build. Some
might not agree with my idea but this is it. I believe that an individual is
born differently. Each has to develop what they have especially since he or she
is young.
However,
there are some requirements for everyone. Students at least have to learn language
(Korean and English) and math. Reading a lot of books is necessary as well.
People at least have to have common sense and basic training to live in this
society. Of course, we learn the same subjects as we do now in elementary school.
Today’s elementary educational system seems to be reasonable. We need this
individual development system from middle school. I am not sure whether my own
way of education would work or not but my idea should be considered.
댓글 없음:
댓글 쓰기