As I am studying in Saipan International School right now, there is not Korean subject at all. Since I went to middle school in Korea, Korean class is like English class in Saipan. When I was in 7th grade, I was curious of everything since it was my first time to go to middle school. In Korea, when we go to elementary school, we do not have subject teachers. Just one homeroom teacher teaches every subject so he or she is in charge of every subjects and grades in class. When you go to middle school, there are homeroom teacher and subject teachers who enter into the classroom only for their classes. Since that system was new to me, I was so excited to have subject teachers. As I remember, all my subject teachers were great except science teacher. When I first went to middle school, I did not know anyone since I went to the one which takes 15 minutes to get there by car. However, on my first day of Korean class, my Korean teacher asked us to write a story that introduces me. While we were writing, the teacher went around the classroom and saw how students were doing. When she passes by my seat, she stopped. She was fascinated by my hand-writing. Right after, she asked my name which indicates that she was impressed by me and tried to get to know me. After writing stories, she asked us to raise our hands and read it to our classmates. Since I like to talk and introduce myself, I raised my hands and she called my name. I somewhat created a sense of humor in my writing and expressed my features. I think that sufficiently impressed both classmates and teacher. For me, a little student who just entered to middle school, it was a pride.
As the first day of my Korean class passed, I said hi and smiled at my teacher when I met her in the passage at school. In the following Korean classes, I always used to prepare the lessons for my Korean class. Her teaching style led me to organize what I learned well. She used to give us handouts so we had to cut them out to attach them to our personal notes. She made an attempt to open students’ minds and feel free to ask her questions.
In my memory, she is very kind teacher and uses tiny provincial accents that student hardly perceive. She was also pregnant at that time which made me happy since she had to leave when she gave a birth to her baby. Before she left, she called me and said good-bye in personal. She really encouraged me to study well so that I got excellent grade on the exams. After she left, I absolutely missed her and met her in the road coincidentally. It was last time to see her. The latter Korean teacher was also good and close to me, but I missed my 7th Korean teacher a lot and even till now.
댓글 없음:
댓글 쓰기